Goa🌴'22 | Day- 3 and 4


Hello, folk! I hope you're fine. My days in Goa were amazing and that's why I am excited to tell the tale to you about my days.
Let's check what I did on January 12 and 13 in Goa>

January 12, 2021

It was the check-out day and I was pretty excited about heading towards Baga beach. Today, we were going to Baga and leaving Bogmallo. The day was followed by going for an early morning walk at the beach. We got freshened and had breakfast. Our cab had been waiting for us at 11 PM sharp and I was clearly attending my classes, travelling with my headphones. We reached our resort- Nazri Resorts and Lawns, checked in, got to our room, unpacked our luggage and I was now making my to-do list. It was around 1 PM, we had lunch and then went for a nap. Around 3.30 PM, we decided to go to the beach. It was also within walking distance from the resort. Went to the beach, got some pretty chairs and laid down again, chilling (laziness at its peak!). I got a pineapple juice and began capturing the 'beach at the noon'. I recommend you to not miss the evening lights of Baga beach if you ever go to Goa. At around 5 pm, we headed back to our room and I did my homework :) The evening was really nice as we began exploring the markets. That stuff was really pretty. Bracelets, sling bags, decor pieces, and much more. I got a bit of those too. At 8, we walked to the beach for evening fun and it was simply amazing. The music, the ambience, the crowd made a perfect ending to my day.
...




January 13, 2021

HAPPY LOHRI, ALL OF YOU!
So, today was booked for Aguada. We got ready by 8, had breakfast, I attended my classes (skipped some) and our cab stood waiting for us at 10.30 AM and we set off for Aguada. Once, we reached there (I was still attending my classes...), we moved according to our plan and bought tickets from the Aguada Rocky Beach for the Dolphin Watch Tour that included 4 sightseeings as well- Central Jail of Goa, Lighthouse, Jimmy's Bungalow and Aguada Fort. If you want to know about the dolphin sightseeing, so lemme tell you that the dolphins gave 3 appearances and I was, unfortunately, able to spot it only once  (´;︵;`), also...the dolphin, with swag, showed only its back (╥﹏╥). But I won't say it was a bad experience, it was lil' awesome as we got to know about the Central Jail, Jimmy's Bungalow, Aguada Fort and the Lighthouse.
Central Jail of Goa- It is very much similar to the Kaala Paani of India. Built by Britishers and was used till 2015 and thereafter, it became a museum, a pretty one.
Jimmy's Bungalow/ Palacio Aguada- Jimmy Gazdar is a millionaire who manages a Diamond business and is a shareholder of Cochin Malabars Estates, India's 2nd largest rubber producer. His Bungalow was recently bought by Pinky Reddy for INR 80 Crore (stunning!). The Bungalow is really rich and beautiful and is a famous tourist attraction.
Old Lighthouse, Aguada Fort- It was built by the Portuguese and was used till 1963 by India. It's now a tourist attraction present inside the Aguada Fort. The ticket for the fort costs Rs. 25 for people above 15 years of age.
Though, a new lighthouse is under construction right beside the fort. You can visit it by buying an additional ticket for Rs. 10.
Aguada Fort- A pure beauty of strategical and sharp architecture. It was built by the Portuguese and has a vast history. Tuzuk-i-Jahangiri (Mughal Emperor Jahangir's Biography) states that the Portuguese, along with their culture brought capsicum, tomato, sweet potato, Sitafal, Ramphal, Papaya and Pineapple to India (woa!). Jahangir described how Pineapple was named 'Ananas' and how it became famous in his region. Pineapple was his most favourite fruit- he wrote. I was amazed to know this. I was also surprised to know that the Portuguese had built a Rain Water Harvesting system right in the middle of the fort and how that fresh rainwater was used by the sail ships of that period
 w(°o°)w. The Portuguese were really sharp-witted I must say.

 So, we got free at around 2:30 PM, took some refreshments (never forget to have raw mangoes and lime soda whenever you come to Goa), and then went to Calangute Beach. Calangute seemed better than Baga, honestly. 
I was already full, so simply enjoyed prickly heat and the sea waves. Calangute was crowded too, but we somehow managed to get seats. 
In the evening, we went to Morjim beach to meet some of mom and dad's friends and then, at around 8, we completed the day as we headed back to the resort.


That was pretty much how I spent 12th and 13th Jan in Goa. Hoping that you people found this post a little informative as I explained about a few of the monuments that I visited.






!Smiles!





~Ruhani Bachhal

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ready to level-up?

BookRec #1 | In the Land of Führer

Organize Your Online Studies📚