Dubai | '23 - Part I



Miraculous was the sea
Miraculous was the air
Miraculous was the sand of the beach from the desert
Miraculous were the buildings
and so were the religious denominations
Miraculous were the people
Locals, as well as the migrated ones, there
With the discovery of oil and the toil
Of a tandem of decades
Are there now the miracles
We are left jaw-dropped because of which
Yes, oh dear old soul
I talk of the seven Emirates
That united for the good, thus are now called together-
United Arab Emirates.
                                   ~Ruhani Bachhal

Ladies and gentlemen, marhaban! 
This Emirates trip was another wise decision my parents took, and glamorous too is my tale of being there for seven wholesome days.

It was the evening of March 14th when I could finally get a hold of the doorknob of my hotel room, starving and chilling; yes, sceptical indeed. It was a long day of travelling and by the time we landed at Sharjah International Airport, I could not feel my brain inside my skull because flights without any trace of turbulence can be a little boring. So, a cool room with cool sheets and big mirrors would have been able to do an instant energy reset. After unpacking and sliding into my slippers was time for a small dinner and a city walk. Although I would have paid anything to be in bed by then, I still resorted to the walk because there was no better way to play like a good tourist. I am very sure that none can make out if it's midnight in a city, not in Dubai at the very least. It is always alive and breathing. 
While travelling had drained the most out of me, our drive from the airport to the hotel ensured that my thirst for nighty cityscapes was quenched. It was unbearably gorgeous! I was able to catch a glimpse of the charming Burj Khalifa, with itself lit and gleaming, among the other masterpieces in the EMAAR Square. Suddenly, I wasn't exhausted anymore because I knew that all the adrenaline in me had taken over. (And in case you're wondering, I could feel my brain in my skull again.)

The sunny morning of the 15th saw me all excited and prepared for the wonderful memories that were yet to be fed to my brain. It was the perfect day for a city tour and then to be under the sky of the EMAAR Square. We drove to La Mer Beach in the morning and the place was a vibe in itself, so much so that I couldn't have asked for more. If you're a fan of graffiti, cute cafeterias, fancily quirky exteriors, and plushie collectables, I don't have a better place to recommend. Then came noon and Palm Jumeirah seemed to have been waiting for us for quite a long time by then. Perfect was the weather, smooth were the roads, beautiful were the villas and magical seemed the Atlantis before all! En route, we were also offered a view of the majestic Burj Al-Arab. 
Best time to visit Al-Seef? Two in the noon! In contrast to the modern land that Dubai is today, Al Seef offers a rural ambience to tourists. It's a place full of calmness and peace. The environment is insanely cosy and the retails are all pure Arabic goods. Cosier, it becomes when you grab a coffee from the Starbucks there, whose outlet gives off a delicately rusty aesthetic.


Noon was now becoming evening. Dubai Mall by EMAAR - the biggest mall in the world, was now our destination. On the way, I was full of bliss to capture in my eyes the august cityscape. Indeed, Dubai can brag as the home of the tallest building, Burj Khalifa, and also the most beautiful building, the Museum of the Future, in the world! As an architecture aficionado, visiting Dubai was a source of dopamine for me. Not for once did I put my nose away from the car window, it was that splendid. Now that I have finally walked it myself, I am ready to tell everyone that the Dubai Mall is really the biggest mall in the world. The architecture is itself a luxury, before the brands that it houses are talked about. 
The clock struck five of the second rotation and on the other side of the mall was time for the water and laser show, right in the middle of the EMAAR Square and just at the foot of Burj Khalifa. Believe me, as I say it, I was left in awe of the elegance of none other, but the Burj Khalifa! I can't find the best words to appreciate how mesmerised I felt standing right under the art pieces of EMAAR. After a few moments of waiting for it, the water show began. The water danced with composure, it swayed with the beat, and swerved with the lyrics; fabulous! 
And just like that, seven in the evening did not wait. That occasion shall forever be hung in my intellect like the Mona Lisa is in the Louvre Museum, and so, I am compelled to visit it every day. It was time that we were on the 124th floor of the Burj Khalifa to take a glimpse of the colourfully alive city of Dubai. Only 70 seconds did it take the lift to force me into dropping my jaw for the view. Beyond the glass had settled all the stars in one city; enchanting! The sun had already set but it wasn't dark at all, on the contrary, it seemed that the city had just come to life. 




After some 45 minutes on the deck, I had to be jolted back to my senses. It was time to plunge down, although I secretly wished it never was. 
I am bound to put it this way because really, those 24 hours were absolutely worth living for.









Thanks for reading :)
Part II will be uploaded soon. Stay tuned, pals!








!Smiles!








~Ruhani Bachhal












Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ready to level-up?

BookRec #1 | In the Land of Führer

Organize Your Online Studies📚